September, 2021/letter updated January, 2022
Dear Members of the Fort Plain Schools Community:
Fort Plain remains committed to keeping our schools safe for in-person learning for all of our students, all of the time. To continue to meet this goal, we must protect the health and well-being of everyone on our campuses, including those impacted by COVID-19.
This school year, we will continue to keep our school community informed of positive cases while communicating in a more organized and efficient manner. Going forward, confirmed positive COVID-19 cases, including those discovered through testing, will be posted to this webpage by 4 p.m. Monday through Friday while school is in session. Positive COVID-19 notifications will be removed after 10 days.
Please note that positive COVID-19 notifications will not be posted until test results are official. If there is no community message on the district website posted for a particular school day, the district did not receive confirmation of any positive cases for that day.
Please also be reminded that any individual showing signs of illness, including symptoms of COVID-19, should stay home. Individuals tested for COVID-19 should remain home until the test results are confirmed negative. Individuals diagnosed as COVID-19 positive must satisfy isolation protocols and have improving symptoms before returning to school. They also must be fever-free for 24 hours without using fever-reducing medication, per the New York State Department of Health.
Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.
Interim Superintendent of Schools
- Notifications are posted when school is in session.
A note about privacy protections
Please note that the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) and other privacy laws restrict us from disclosing or confirming any personally identifiable information. We cannot identify anyone who has tested positive.
COVID-19 News updates & messages
- March 2, 2022: Mask mandate & COVID-19 protocols update
- Feb. 27, 2022: Masks are optional starting Wednesday
- Feb. 26, 2022: Superintendents call on governor, health commissioner to act on masks
- Feb. 23, 2022: State mask mandate remains in effect
- Feb. 18, 2022: Region’s school superintendents support “Pathway to Normalcy”
- Jan. 25, 2022: Mask ruling update
- Jan. 24, 2022: Mask mandate ruling
- Jan. 4, 2022: Interim Superintendent’s message re COVID-19 test kits, isolation and quarantine guidelines
- Dec. 28, 2021: HFM school superintendents support in-person learning
- Dec. 13, 2021: Mask wearing is required at all times inside school facilities; board meetings will include streaming
- Dec. 9, 2021: Student-athletes will receive spectator passes for home games; fans may also view sports online
- Sept. 23, 2021: Interim Superintendent: Our nurses follow established COVID-19 protocols
- Sept. 10, 2021: Interim Superintendent’s message about keeping schools safe and healthy
- Aug. 31, 2021/Sept. 2, 2021: Updated School Reopening & Layered Mitigation Plan is posted
- Aug. 19, 2021: Interim Superintendent’s Update on school reopening
- Aug. 9, 2021: Interim Superintendent’s message on 2021 school reopening
- June 30, 2021: American Rescue Plan (ARP)-ESSR funding plan
- June 8, 2021: Mask update
References & Resources
- Montgomery County Public Health COVID-19 Isolation, Quarantine, Testing info
- New York State Education Department Health & Safety Guide for the 2021-22 School Year
- New York State Department of Health Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- New York State Education Department Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- New York State Dashboard for COVID-19 Data in Schools/COVID-19 Report Card
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- Centers for Disease Control: How to Select, Wear, and Clean Your Mask
- Occupational Safety and Health Administration COVID-19 Website