Board of Education members serve for three-year terms. Regular elections for two or three seats are held each year on the third Tuesday in May, the same date residents vote on the coming year’s school budget. New board terms begin on July 1.
Any U.S. citizen who is a resident of Fort Plain Central School District for 30 days prior to the vote may run for a seat on the board. For information on how to be placed on the ballot, contact the district clerk.
The Board of Education welcomes public comment at its meetings. Each speaker will be limited to five minutes and all comments must relate to the agenda topic they wish to discuss.
How to comment during a public meeting
We appreciate your interest in our school district and encourage you to continue to attend our meetings and share your thoughts and ideas.
Fort Plain Central School District Board Policy # 3220 (Public Expression at Meetings) which reads:
The Board encourages public participation at Board meetings. During the Public Comment portion of the meeting, the President may ask for brief comments from the public and set a time limit on such comments. Persons wishing to speak will identify themselves with name and address, any organization they may be representing at the meeting and the agenda topic they wish to discuss. Comments should be kept as brief as possible and relate to school matters. Speakers may be limited to five (5) minutes at the discretion of the Board President. After the Open Board Meeting, the Board will proceed to Executive Session. This portion of the meeting is not open to the public as the Board will be discussing legal issues, appointments, resignations, and issues involving specific employees or students which are confidential.
After Executive Session, the Board will reconvene and may take action on issues discussed in executive session. The public is invited to return to this portion of the meeting but they must leave the meeting room during executive session.
Upcoming meeting schedule for 2018-19
All meetings are held in the Ronald H. Thibodeau Conference Room in the District Offices.
- Wednesday, July 11, 2018 – Re-organizational Meeting (7:00PM)
- Wednesday, August 22 – Regular Meeting (7:00PM)
- Wednesday, September 12 – Regular Meeting (7:00PM)
- Wednesday, October 17 – Regular Meeting (7:00PM)
- Wednesday, November 14 – Regular Meeting (7:00PM)
- Wednesday, December 12 – Regular Meeting (6:00 PM)
- Wednesday, January 16, 2019 – Regular Meeting (6:00 PM)
- Wednesday, February 13 – Regular Meeting (6:00 PM)
- Wednesday, March 6 – Public Hearing (6:00 PM) on Transportation, Building and Grounds Budgets Regular Meeting to Follow Public Hearing
- Wednesday, April 10 – Public Hearing (7:00PM) on Elementary and Secondary Programs Budgets Regular Meeting to Follow Public Hearing
- Wednesday, May 8 – Public Hearing (7:00 PM) to Present Budget Regular Meeting to Follow Pubic Hearing
- Tuesday, May 21 – Budget and Board Candidate Vote, HHS Gym, 1 p.m.-9 p.m.
- Tuesday, May 21 – Regular Meeting (7:00 PM)
- Wednesday, June 12 – Regular Meeting (7:00 PM)
BoardDocs is the new way to view meeting minutes.
April 11, 2018
Agenda for April 11, 2018 Meeting
March 14, 2018
Agenda for March 14, 2018 meeting
February 12, 2018
January 10, 2018
Agenda for January 10, 2018 meeting
August 31, 2017
Proceedings of August 31, 2017 special meeting
August 23, 2017
Agenda for August 23, 2017 meeting
June 14, 2017
Proceedings of May 16, 2017 meeting
November 30, 2016
Agenda for November 30, 2016 meeting
Previous years school board minutes are archived and available by request through the District Office.
Contact by phone: 518-993-4000 ext. #1000
School Board Members
- Ronald Kardash, President
- Jeffrey Jones, 1st Vice President
- Joseph Bartholomew, 2nd Vice President
- Mary Beth Hudyncia
- Todd McFee
- Kimberly Keane
- David Przestrzelski
For assistance accessing PDF files, contact email@example.com.