- Mary Beth Hudyncia, President, term expires June 30, 2022
- Jeffrey Jones, 1st Vice President, term expires June 30, 2023
- Kimberly Keane, 2nd Vice President, term expires June 30, 2024
- Ronald Kardash, term expires June 30, 2022
- Teresa Karker, term expires June 30, 2024
- Todd McFee, term expires June 30, 2023
- David Przestrzelski, term expires June 30, 2023
Board of Education members serve for three-year terms. Regular elections for two or three seats are held each year on the third Tuesday in May, the same date residents vote on the coming year’s school budget. New board terms begin on July 1.
Any U.S. citizen who is a resident of Fort Plain Central School District for 30 days prior to the vote may run for a seat on the board. For information on how to be placed on the ballot, contact the district clerk.
All meetings are held at 6 p.m. in the Ronald H. Thibodeau Conference Room in the District Office unless otherwise noted.
- Tuesday, July 6, 2021 – Reorganizational Meeting, Regular Meeting, Safety Plan Public Hearing
- Thursday, August 5 – Special Session, 6:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, August 18 – Regular Meeting
- Wednesday, September 15 – Regular Meeting
- Wednesday, October 20 – Regular Meeting
- Wednesday, November 17 – Regular Meeting
- Wednesday, December 15 – Regular Meeting
- Wednesday, January 19, 2022 – Regular Meeting
- Wednesday, February 16 – Regular Meeting
- Wednesday, March 16 – Public Hearing on Transportation, Building and Grounds Budgets; Regular Meeting to Follow Public Hearing
- Wednesday, April 13 – Public Hearing on Elementary and Secondary Programs Budgets; Regular Meeting to Follow Public Hearing
- Wednesday, May 4 – Public Hearing to Present Budget; Regular Meeting to Follow Public Hearing
- Tuesday, May 17 – Budget and Board Candidate Vote, Harry Hoag Gym, 1 p.m.-9 p.m.
- Tuesday, May 17 – Regular Meeting
- Wednesday, June 15 – Regular Meeting
The Fort Plain Central School District Board of Education meeting agendas and minutes are available on BoardDocs. Previous years school board minutes are archived and available by request through the District Office.
The Board of Education welcomes public comment at its meetings. During the Public Comment portion of the meeting, the President may ask for brief comments from the public and set a time limit on such comments. Persons wishing to speak will identify themselves with name and address, any organization they may be representing at the meeting and the agenda topic they wish to discuss. Comments should be kept as brief as possible and relate to school matters. Speakers may be limited to five (5) minutes at the discretion of the Board President. After the Open Board Meeting, the Board will proceed to Executive Session. This portion of the meeting is not open to the public as the Board will be discussing legal issues, appointments, resignations, and issues involving specific employees or students which are confidential.
After Executive Session, the Board will reconvene and may take action on issues discussed in executive session. The public is invited to return to this portion of the meeting but they must leave the meeting room during executive session.