The Fort Plain Central School District Board of Education has identified five enduring goals:
- Improve safety in our schools.
- Improve student learning outcomes.
- Build and maintain trusting relationships with students and their families.
- Support social and emotional wellness for all school community members.
- Ensure responsible and strategic use of fiscal and human resources to best support the needs of our students.
For the 2022-2023 school year, under each goal, the Board has written objectives to define measurable actions to support achievement of the goals.
Improve safety in our schools.
- Update school safety plans.
- Successfully upgrade the phone and alarm systems.
- Conduct site evacuation drills in both buildings.
- Reinstate monthly Safety Committee Meetings to review best practices related to school safety and threat incident training.
Improve student learning outcomes.
- Provide faculty with professional development to increase their effective use of technology resources.
- Address chronic absenteeism concerns by creating individualized support plans for at risk students.
- Implement the Pass Program to increase student achievement and promote the development of Scholar- Athletes as defined by NYSPHSAA .
Build and maintain trusting relationships with students and their families.
- Implement the use of Google Classroom notifications related to assignments and student performance at the Jr./Sr. Building.
- Implement the use of monthly staff and family newsletters to promote engagement with the school program at the elementary level.
- Redesign athletic page on the website to include more real time promotion of events and performance outcomes in an effort to celebrate our student athletes more frequently and publicly.
Support social and emotional wellness for all school community members.
- Implement Tier III interventions for concerns related to mental health using the newly created Mental Health Counselor position.
- Provide faculty and staff with professional development to support implementation of the NYS Social
- Emotional Learning Benchmarks in all classrooms.
- Reinstate the late bus run on Tuesdays and Thursdays to increase participation in afterschool programs such as tutoring, extracurricular and athletic programs.
Ensure responsible and strategic use of fiscal and human resources to be best support the needs of our students.
- Design a fiscally responsible budget.
- Successfully negotiate a respectful and responsible School Related Professionals contract.