The Fort Plain Central School District Board of Education has identified five enduring goals:
- Improve safety in our schools.
- Improve student learning outcomes.
- Build and maintain trusting relationships with students and their families.
- Support social and emotional wellness for all school community members.
- Ensure responsible and strategic use of fiscal and human resources to best support the needs of our students.
For the 2023-2024 school year, the Board has written objectives to define measurable actions to support achievement of the goals.
Improve safety in our schools
- Update school safety plans.
- Successfully implement the School Resource Officer Program.
- Provide all faculty and staff with ALICE Training.
- Hold monthly Safety Committee Meetings to review best practices related to school safety.
Improve student learning outcomes
- Provide all faculty with professional development to increase their effective use of technology resources.
- Implement a peer tutoring program and/or offer after school study hall at the Jr./Sr. High School.
- Review Fort Plain CSD attendance policy with stakeholders with the goal to include a consistent district-wide approach designed to address concerns with chronic absenteeism and truancy.
- Increase student recognition by creating new ways to acknowledge individual and group achievement.
Implement the Pass Program to increase student achievement and promote the development of Scholar- Athletes as defined by NYSPHSAA .
- Provide educators hired in 2022 and 2023 with Instructional Coaching on Specially Designed Instruction (SDI).
- Review and update Fort Plain’s “Extra-Curricular Manual” to include:
- Club/Activity Description
- Intended Outcomes
- Target Skill Development Plan (Soft skills/Life skills)
- Target Audience
Build and maintain trusting relationships with students and their families
- Each grade level or department will implement a family engagement component once during the year.
- Create a Coaches Handbook that will provide coaches with strategies to support athlete development and improve parent communication.
- Improve communication by responding to student or parent concerns within a 24-hour time period, Monday through Friday.
- Analyze data to monitor student participation in athletics and extracurricular activities and participation in school events.
- Data points to consider:
- Number of participants
- Time of day offered
- Transportation available, etc.
- Data points to consider:
Support social and emotional wellness for all school community members
- Research necessary action steps to provide a therapy dog at both buildings.
- Create a committee of stakeholders (coaches, parents, students) to explore booster club options.
- Create a task force to strategize ways to foster authentic relationships between students and staff. (for example: revisit the revitalization of EPIC, mentorship program, redesign homeroom blocks.)
Ensure responsible and strategic use of fiscal and human resources to be best support the needs of our students
- Design a fiscally responsible budget.
- Successfully negotiate a respectful and responsible SRP and FPTA contract.