School budget vote and board election will be held June 9 by absentee ballot
This year’s school budget vote and board of education election will take place on June 9, exclusively by absentee ballot because of the COVID-19 public health crisis.
Voters will consider a proposed $21,375,000 million budget. The proposal continues all academic programming at current levels while staying under the property tax levy cap. The plan calls for a 2.03% spending increase and proposes a 1.81% tax levy increase. The calculated “tax levy cap” for FPCS is 3.4%.
Qualified voters will be automatically sent an absentee ballot. Check our poll list to ensure you will be mailed a ballot. If your name is not on the list, or if your listing contains an error, please contact the District Clerk Rebecca J. Smith by email at firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible to ensure timely receipt of an absentee ballot for the 2020 election.
Qualified voters are defined as U.S. citizens who are 18 years or older and have lived in the district for at least 30 days prior to the vote.
The district sent each qualified voter a postcard with the date of the election, the date of the budget hearing and the definition of a qualified voter.
A budget newsletter will be mailed to in late May.
Public hearing will be livestreamed
The district will hold a public hearing on the 2020-21 proposed budget from 7-8 p.m. on Wednesday, May 27. The hearing will be conducted by videoconference and live-streamed. Community members may join by going to https://meet.google.com/fdz-hcrs-grz or by calling 470-210-1268 and entering PIN 371 125 077#.
Questions about the budget may be submitted through the videconference’s commenting feature. They will be read aloud by the district clerk and answered during the livestream.
2020-21 Proposed Budget Information
- Total Budget: $21,375,000
- Spending Increase: 2.03%
- Tax Levy Increase: 1.81%
- Use of Fund Balance: $500,000
- General Support – $2,497,181 / 0.47%
- Instruction – $10,747,733 / 0.20%
- Pupil Transportation – $1,201,328 / -0.24%
- Employee Benefits – $5,717,183 / 5.02%
- Debt Service & Related Transfers $1,211,575 / 11.15%
- TOTAL – $21,375,000 / 2.03%
- State Aid – $14,769,575 2.41%
- Property Tax Levy (including STAR) -$5,765,920 / 1.81%
- Fund Balance – $500,000 / -4.76%
- Other – $339,505 / 0.05%
- TOTAL $21,375,000 / 2.03%
2019-20 Budget Information
- Total Budget: $20,950,000
- Spending Increase: 2.20%
- Tax Levy Increase: 1.49%
- Use of Fund Balance: $525,000
- General Support – $2,485,545 / 11.86%
- Instruction – $10,726,118 / 51.20%
- Pupil Transportation – $1,204,182 / 5.75%
- Employee Benefits – $5,444,155 / 25.99%
- Debt Service & Related Transfers $1,090,000 / 5.20%
- TOTAL – $20,950,000
- State Aid – $14,422,249 / 68.84%
- Property Tax Levy (including STAR) – $5,663,412 / 27.03%
- Fund Balance – $525,000 / 2.51%
- Other – $339,339 / 1.62%
- TOTAL $20,950,000
School property tax rates are set in August for the upcoming school year. Tax rates are based on the total tax levy in the voter-approved school budget, the state-determined equalization rates, and assessment rolls for each town.
School property taxes are due Oct. 31 each year. Payments that are mailed must be postmarked no later than Oct. 31.
Budget Voter Requirements
- U.S. citizen
- School district resident for at least 30 days
- 18 years of age
Philene Hudson, Director of Finance
Phone: 518-993-4000 ext. #1000
- 2020-2021 Budget Newsletter
- 2020-2021 Property Tax Report Card
- 2020-2021 Proposed Budget Book
- 2020-2021 Required Budget Notice
- 2019-2020 Budget Newsletter
- 2019-2020 Property Tax Report Card
- 2019-2020 Budget Book (PDF)
- 2019-2020 Required Budget Notice
- 2019-2020 Final Budget
- 2019 Audited Financial Statements
- 2018-19 Budget Newsletter
- 2018-19 Required Budget Notice
- 2018-19 Budget at a Glance
- 2018-2019 Admin Program Capital
- 2018-19 Property Tax Report Card
- 2018-19 Exemption Impact Report
- 2018-19 Three-Part Budget Detail
- 2018 Audited Financial Statements
- 2018 Office of the State Comptroller Audit
If you are unable to access any PDF on this page, please email email@example.com or call (518)993-4000 with detailed information on the location of the page or document you were attempting to access. Be sure to provide us with your name and contact information so that we may provide you with the information in another format.