2023-24 school year budget development
- January-March 2023: District administration and the Board of Education work to develop a budget for the 2023-24 school year
- March 15, 2023 – Public Hearing on Transportation, Building and Grounds and Instructional Program Budgets, 6 p.m., Regular Board of Education Meeting to Follow Public Hearing
- April 17, 2023 – Deadline for petitions to run for the Board of Education – due by 5 p.m.; more information
- May 3, 2023 – Public Hearing to Present Budget, 7 p.m., Regular Board of Education Meeting to Follow Public Hearing
- Early May: Proposed Budget information mailed to district residents
- May 16, 2023– Budget and Board Candidate Vote, Harry Hoag School Gym, 1 p.m.-9 p.m.
District residents approve budget and transportation proposition, elect 3 to Board of Education
Fort Plain Central School District residents voted to approve a proposed $23,320,000 budget for the 2023-24 school year by a vote of 88 to 21 on May 16, 2023.
They also approved a referendum by a vote of 90 to 17 authorizing the district to acquire three school vehicles at a maximum cost of $450,000 with the funds to be drawn from the Bus Purchase/Capital Reserve Fund. The purchase will have no impact on the tax levy and will allow the district to replace aging buses and minimize maintenance costs.
Voters elected three members of the Board of Education to fill vacancies for three-year terms running from July 1, 2023, to June 30, 2026. The elected candidates are Brenna Kirkpatrick (96 votes), Anthony Crouse (86 votes) and David Przestrzelski (84 votes). Write-in candidate Justin Smith received one vote.
Board of Education adopts proposed 2023-24 budget
The Fort Plain Board of Education adopted a proposed $23,320,000 budget for the 2023-24 school year at their March 15, 2023 meeting.
The proposed budget shows an increase of $800,000, or 3.55%, over the current-year budget, with a 1.20% tax levy increase. The proposed budget would maintain the district’s academic programming and services designed to support all student needs.
Fort Plain residents will vote on the proposed budget on Tuesday, May 16, from 1-9 p.m. in the Harry Hoag gym. When residents vote on the proposed budget, they will also consider approving or disapproving a referendum authorizing the district to acquire three school vehicles at a maximum cost of $450,000 with the funds to be drawn from the Bus Purchase/Capital Reserve Fund. The purchase would have no impact on the tax levy. Purchase approval will allow the district to replace aging buses and minimize maintenance costs.
On May 16, voters will also elect three members of the Board of Education to fill vacancies for three-year terms running from July 1, 2023, to June 30, 2026. The candidates are Brenna Kirkpatrick, Anthony Crouse and David Przestrzelski.
- View the presentation from the May 3 Public Budget Hearing
- Read the March 27 Message from the Superintendent that includes proposed budget info
2022-23 (current) school year budget information
School property tax rates are set in August for the upcoming school year. Tax rates are based on the total tax levy in the voter-approved school budget, the state-determined equalization rates, and assessment rolls for each town.
School property taxes are due Oct. 31 each year. Payments that are mailed must be postmarked no later than Oct. 31.
Budget Voter Requirements
- U.S. citizen
- School district resident for at least 30 days
- 18 years of age
Voting by absentee ballot
Absentee ballot applications may be obtained from the District Clerk from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday through Friday, except holidays. Completed applications are due with the District Clerk at least seven days before the vote and election if the ballot is to be mailed to the voter, or the day before the vote and election if the ballot is to be delivered personally to the voter. Absentee ballots must be received by the District Clerk no later than 5 p.m. on the day of the vote.
Philene Hudson, Director of Finance
Phone: 518-993-4000 ext. #1000
- 2023-2024 Three Part Budget
- 2023-2024 Budget At A Glance
- 2023-2024 Pie Chart Data
- 2023-2024 Property Tax Report Card
- 2023-2024 Budget Detail
- 2023-2024 Legal Notice of Budget Hearing Budget Vote and Election
- 2023-2024 Budget Book
- 2023-2024 Budget Notice
- 2023-2024 Budget Mailing
- 2022-2023 Fiscal Transparency Report
- 2022-2023 Legal Notice of the Budget Hearing, Budget Vote and Election
- 2020-2021 ESSA Financial Transparency Report
- 2021-22 DOB Financial Transparency Estimated
- 2022-2023 Three Part Budget
- 2022-2023 Budget At a Glance
- 2022-2023 Pie Chart Data
- 2022-2023 Budget Detail
- 2022-2023 Budget Book
- 2022-2023 Property Tax Report Card
- 2022-2023 Budget Notice
- 2022-2023 Budget Mailing
- 2022 Audited Financial Statements
- 2021-2022 Fiscal Transparency Report
- 2021-2022 Three-Part Budget
- 2021-2022 Budget At A Glance
- 2021-2022 Budget Pie Chart Data
- 2021-2022 Final Budget Detail
- 2021-2022 Budget Notice
- 2021-2022 Budget Mailing
- 2021-2022 Budget Book
- 2021-2022 Property Tax Report Card
- 2021-2022 Legal Notice of Budget Hearing, Budget Vote and Election
- 2021 Audited Financial Statements
- 2020-2021 Fiscal Transparency Report
- 2020-2021 Budget Mailing
- 2020-2021 Property Tax Report Card
- 2020-2021 Proposed Budget Book
- 2020-2021 Required Budget Notice
- 2018-19 School District Report Card
- 2018-19 Fiscal Accountability Summary
- 2020 Audited Financial Statements
- 2019-2020 Budget Newsletter
- 2019-2020 Property Tax Report Card
- 2019-2020 Budget Book (PDF)
- 2019-2020 Required Budget Notice
- 2019-2020 Final Budget
- 2019 Audited Financial Statements
- 2018-19 Budget Newsletter
- 2018-19 Required Budget Notice
- 2018-19 Budget at a Glance
- 2018-19 Property Tax Report Card
- 2018-19 Exemption Impact Report
- 2018-19 Three-Part Budget Detail
- 2018 Audited Financial Statements
If you are unable to access any PDF on this page, please email email@example.com or call 518-993-4000 with detailed information on the location of the page or document you were attempting to access. Be sure to provide us with your name and contact information so that we may provide you with the information in another format.