Budget & Finance
2019-20 Budget Info
Developing the annual school budget proposal is a year-round process that involves the Fort Plain Board of Education, as well as district and school leaders.
On the third Tuesday of each May, that process culminates when residents go to the polls to vote on a school budget proposal for the following year and to elect Board of Education members.
This year’s school budget vote and Board of Education election will take place on Tuesday, May 21, 2019. Polls will be open from 1 p.m. to 9 p.m. at Harry Hoag Elementary Gymnasium.
- Total Budget: $20,950,000
- Spending Decrease: 2.20%
- Tax Levy Increase: 1.49%
- Use of Fund Balance: $525,000
Budget hearing set
Residents may learn more and ask questions about the 2019-20 proposed school budget at the district’s budget hearing at 7 p.m. on May 8 in the District Office Conference Room.
- General Support – $2,485,545 (11.86%)
- Instruction – $10,726,118 (51.20%)
- Pupil Transportation – $1,204,182 (5.75%)
- Employee Benefits – $5,444,155 (25.99%)
- Debt Service & Related Transfers $1,090,000 (5.20%)
- TOTAL – $20,950,000
- State Aid – $14,422,249 (68.84%)
- Property Tax Levy (including STAR) – $5,663,412 (27.03%)
- Fund Balance – $525,000 (2.51%)
- Other – $339,339 (1.62%)
- TOTAL $20,950,000
School property tax rates are set in August for the upcoming school year. Tax rates are based on the total tax levy in the voter-approved school budget, the state-determined equalization rates, and assessment rolls for each town.
School property taxes are due Oct. 31 each year. Payments that are mailed must be postmarked no later than Oct. 31.
Budget Voter Requirements
- U.S. citizen
- School district resident for at least 30 days
- 18 years of age
Philene Hudson, Director of Finance
Phone: 518-993-4000 ext. #1000
- 2018-19 Budget Newsletter (PDF)
- 2018-19 Required Budget Notice (PDF)
- 2018-19 Budget at a Glance (PDF)
- 2018-2019 Admin Program Capital (PDF)
- 2018-19 Property Tax Report Card (PDF)
- 2018-19 Exemption Impact Report (PDF)
- 2018-19 Three-Part Budget Detail (PDF)
- 2018 Audited Financial Statements (PDF)
- 2018 Office of the State Comptroller Audit (PDF)
If you are unable to access any PDF on this page, please email our District Webmaster or call (518)993-4000 with detailed information on the location of the page or document you were attempting to access. Be sure to provide us with your name and contact information so that we may provide you with the information in another format.