2021-22 Budget development timeline
- January- Early March: Board of Education and district discuss program, staffing, building needs for 2021-22 school year
- March 10: Public Hearing on Transportation, Building & Grounds budgets, followed by regular Board of Education meeting, 6 p.m., Harry Hoag cafeteria
- April 2: Legal notice of Annual School District Meeting sent for publication
- April 14: Public Hearing on Elementary and Secondary Programs budgets, followed by regular Board of Education meeting; Board adopts Proposed 2021-22 School Year Budget, 6 p.m., Harry Hoag cafeteria
- April 19: Petitions to seek Board of Education seats are due with the District Clerk. Terms for two seats on the board expire June 30, 2021.
- May 6: Budget notice & info mailed to district residents
- May 5: Public Hearing to present Budget, 7 p.m., followed by regular Board of Education meeting, Harry Hoag cafeteria
- May 18: Annual School District Meeting & Vote on Proposed Budget and Board of Education Candidates, 1-9 p.m., Harry Hoag gym
2021-22 Budget development news
On May 18, 2021, Fort Plain Central School District residents will vote on a proposed budget for the 2021-22 school year. They will also vote on a proposition to authorize the district to acquire school vehicles at a maximum cost of $275,000, with the funds to be drawn from the Bus Purchase Reserve Fund. Voters will also elect two members of the Board of Education for three-year terms running from July 1, 2021 to June 30, 2024, to succeed Mary Beth Hudyncia and Kimberly Keane, whose terms expire on June 30, 2021. Petitions to run for the Board can be picked up at the District Office and must be returned by April 19.
A public hearing on the proposed 2021-22 school district budget will be held in the Harry Hoag Elementary gym on Wednesday, May 5, at 7 p.m. Copies of the budget will be available for review from May 4 – 17 at the District Office. The full budget development timeline is posted above.
The May 18 vote and election will take place from 1-9 p.m. in the Harry Hoag gym. Applications for absentee ballots may be obtained from the District Clerk from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m., Monday through Friday, except holidays. Completed applications are due with the District Clerk at least seven days before the vote and election if the ballot is to be mailed to the voter, or the day before the vote and election, if the ballot is to be delivered personally to the voter. Absentee ballots must be received by the District Clerk not later than 5 p.m., on Tuesday, May 18, 2021.
Full details may be found in the Legal Notice of Budget Hearing, Budget Vote and Election.
2020-21 (Current school year) Budget Information
- Total Budget: $21,375,000
- Spending Increase: 2.03%
- Tax Levy Increase: 1.81%
- Use of Fund Balance: $500,000
- General Support – $2,497,181 / 0.47%
- Instruction – $10,747,733 / 0.20%
- Pupil Transportation – $1,201,328 / -0.24%
- Employee Benefits – $5,717,183 / 5.02%
- Debt Service & Related Transfers $1,211,575 / 11.15%
- TOTAL – $21,375,000 / 2.03%
- State Aid – $14,769,575 2.41%
- Property Tax Levy (including STAR) -$5,765,920 / 1.81%
- Fund Balance – $500,000 / -4.76%
- Other – $339,505 / 0.05%
- TOTAL $21,375,000 / 2.03%
School property tax rates are set in August for the upcoming school year. Tax rates are based on the total tax levy in the voter-approved school budget, the state-determined equalization rates, and assessment rolls for each town.
School property taxes are due Oct. 31 each year. Payments that are mailed must be postmarked no later than Oct. 31.
Budget Voter Requirements
- U.S. citizen
- School district resident for at least 30 days
- 18 years of age
Philene Hudson, Director of Finance
Phone: 518-993-4000 ext. #1000
- 2020-2021 Fiscal Transparency Report
- 2020-2021 Budget Newsletter
- 2020-2021 Property Tax Report Card
- 2020-2021 Proposed Budget Book
- 2020-2021 Required Budget Notice
- 2018-19 School District Report Card
- 2018-19 Fiscal Accountability Summary
- 2020 Audited Financial Statements
- 2019-2020 Budget Newsletter
- 2019-2020 Property Tax Report Card
- 2019-2020 Budget Book (PDF)
- 2019-2020 Required Budget Notice
- 2019-2020 Final Budget
- 2019 Audited Financial Statements
- 2018-19 Budget Newsletter
- 2018-19 Required Budget Notice
- 2018-19 Budget at a Glance
- 2018-2019 Admin Program Capital
- 2018-19 Property Tax Report Card
- 2018-19 Exemption Impact Report
- 2018-19 Three-Part Budget Detail
- 2018 Audited Financial Statements
- 2018 Office of the State Comptroller Audit
If you are unable to access any PDF on this page, please email email@example.com or call 518-993-4000 with detailed information on the location of the page or document you were attempting to access. Be sure to provide us with your name and contact information so that we may provide you with the information in another format.