February 17, 2023
Greetings Fort Plain School Community Members,
Over the past several months, the school team has worked tirelessly to support social, emotional and academic development of our students. We have seen the students thrive in many ways both in, and outside, of the classroom as observed by their academic achievements and participation in extracurricular and athletic programming.
As we prepare the budget for the 2023 – 2024 school year, we are focused on the future. The board developed five enduring goals that will guide our planning and preparation.
- Improve safety in our schools.
- Improve student learning outcomes.
- Build and maintain trusting relationships with students and their families.
- Support social and emotional wellness for all school community members.
- Ensure responsible and strategic use of fiscal and human resources to best support the needs of our students.
The District’s budget planning and development procedures are outlined in Board Policy No. 5010. As indicated in the policy, several stakeholder groups will be consulted regarding their recommendations for how we can best support, improve or expand upon our current academic programs, student support systems and student experiences.
Please watch this website for further information regarding budget development for the 2023-2024 school year.
Wishing you each a wonderful February vacation!