Dear Parents and Caregivers,
Here we are at the beginning of June with only one month of school left until summer vacation.
I am always surprised at how fast the school year passes by. Our students came back in September ready to soak up all that we had to offer. They had an appetite for normalcy and eagerness to engage in active learning. I have enjoyed watching each student mature throughout the year. I’d like to thank the amazing teachers for providing our students with meaningful experiences. Learning does not end when the school year ends. I hope you find time as families to explore nature, read a good book and enjoy fun summer adventures.
- Harry Hoag Field Day is scheduled for June 10th (Rain date of June 17th).
- The Prekindergarten Moving Up Ceremony is scheduled for June 23rd at 8:30 am. (This is the last day of school for Pre-k.)
- The Grade 6 Graduation Ceremony is scheduled for June 24th at 8:30 am.
- Moving Up Day for Grades K-5 and the last day of school is also on June 24th.
* In addition, over the next few weeks, many classrooms have planned to do some special culminating activities.
Final week schedule:
- Monday, 6/20, Juneteenth, No School
- Tuesday, 6/21, Full Day of School
- Wednesday- Thursday, 6/22-6/23, 11:30 am Dismissal
- Friday, 6/24, 10:00 am Dismissal
As always, please reach out with any questions or concerns. I thank you for your ongoing support of the Fort Plain Central School District.
Be well today and always,