Student safety is our first priority — Please review these rules with your children:
- The school bus is an extension of the classroom. Behave accordingly.
- Be on time for your scheduled pickup.
- Behave properly at the bus stop.
- Stay back 15 feet from the road while waiting.
- Students who cross the road must do so at least 15 feet in front of the bus AFTER receiving a hand signal from the driver.
- The bus driver may assign students to specific seats.
- Remain seated at all times.
- Items allowed on the bus must fit comfortably on the student’s lap.
- Keep the aisle clear of book bags, musical instruments, lunch boxes, etc.
- No glass containers are allowed on the bus.
- No animals, alive or dead, are allowed on the bus.
- Speak quietly.
- Do NOT use profane language.
- Students should NOT be destructive.
- Keep head, hands, and feet inside the bus.
- State law requires that students get on, get off, and cross only when the bus is at a complete stop with the red light flashing.
- Cooperate with the bus driver.
Driving and Parking
- In general, there is no parking available for students at the Junior/Senior high school
- Seniors are eligible for a lottery held each month for a limited number of student parking spaces.
- Students parking on school grounds may have their vehicles towed and will be subject to disciplinary action
- Parents driving their children to school are asked to avoid using bus loops prior to and after the school day.
- Junior/Senior high school students should be dropped off either on West Street or in the parking lot adjacent to the gymnasium.
- If you must drop your child off at the school itself, proceed to the back parking lot as directed.
- Students may be dropped off only in the front parking lot of the Harry Hoag School.
- To insure proper supervision and safety, do not drop your child off at the side or in back of the school.
Rural, Village Bus Routes are being updated and will be here soon!
If there is an immediate need contact the bus garage.
Bus Garage Phone number
518-993-4000 ext. #4001