Hello, everyone! Welcome to Physical Education! We have a fun and evolving curriculum to meet the needs of all of our students. We are very excited about our lessons and units! Please remember to wear your sneakers and appropriate clothing to classes that allow for safe, maximum movement and engagement! Let’s get moving!
“There is no exercise better for the heart than reaching down and lifting people up.” – John Holmes
So you think you can jump rope?! Watch the Firecrackers!
Physical Education Learning Standards
Personal Health and Fitness
Students will have the necessary knowledge and skills to establish and maintain physical fitness, participate in physical activity, and maintain personal health.
A Safe and Healthy Environment
Students will acquire the knowledge and ability necessary to create and maintain a safe and healthy environment.
Students will understand and be able to manage their personal and community resources.
- The physically literate individual demonstrates competency in a variety of motor skills and movement patterns.
- The physically literate individual applies knowledge of concepts, principles, strategies and tactics related to movement and performance.
- The physically literate individual demonstrates the knowledge and skills to achieve and maintain a health-enhancing level of physical activity and fitness.
- The physically literate individual exhibits responsible personal and social behavior that respects self and others.
- The physically literate individual recognizes the value of physical activity for health, enjoyment, challenge, self-expression and/or social interaction.
Mr. Don Stockwell – Phone: 518-993-4000