Fort Plain Central School District uses ParentSquare for school communication, primarily with email, text and app notifications. ParentSquare automatically generates an account for each parent, using their preferred email address and phone number. We encourage parents to access their accounts so they can download the mobile app and update their preferences on when and how they are notified.
Here’s what you can do with ParentSquare:
- Receive messages from the school via email, text or app notification.
- Choose to receive information as it comes or all at once at 6 p.m. daily.
- Communicate in your preferred language.
- Comment on school postings to engage in your school community.
- Direct message teachers, staff and other parents.
- Participate in group messages.
- Sign up for parent-teacher conferences with smart online technology.
- Send payments, sign forms and permission slips, receive report cards, sign up to volunteer and more all from your phone or web portal.
Useful tip: Receiving messages, alerts and announcements and the digest & instant settings
ParentSquare allows users to customize their notifications based on notification type, preferred delivery method and time of receipt (digest vs. instant) for each school. Notification types include:
– Emergency Alerts & Notices, which include any urgent alerts and attendance notices and cannot be disabled.
– School Alerts, which include any Smart Alerts and other student notices.
– General Announcements & Messages, which include any posts, direct messages and reminders.
ParentSquare users select whether they want to receive alerts, general announcements and messages via text and app notifications and via instant or digest email. They also decide whether they want to receive messages instantly or as a daily digest. If digest is chosen, they receive an email and/or text and/or an app notification in the evening with all posts from that day (rather than receiving them when they are sent).