School is closed through April 29. FPCS is offering to-go meals for students while school is closed.
Harry Hoag Elementary
Jr./Sr. High School
Home income disclosure form
Point of Sale System
Each student may have an account that may be used to purchase food items. Parents should note the following:
- Money in the account may be used to purchase snacks.
- You may add money to your child’s account at any time.
- You may limit the amount your child spends on snacks per day but, you cannot make this amount different for different days of the week.
- This account cannot be used to buy vending machine items.
- Your child cannot charge snacks.
- If you have any questions about this system, call 993-4000 ext.1003.
- You may put money on your child’s account online via debit or credit card – MySchoolBucks.com.
Child Nutrition Advisory Committee Recommendations – Snacks
To Parents and Guardians:
The Fort Plain Central School District is committed to providing a school environment that promotes and protects children’s health, well-being and the ability to learn by fostering healthy eating and physical activity. The district has established a wellness committee, which has developed a local wellness policy. A copy of this policy is available in the District office or on this website. Click here for the school district’s Wellness Policy.
In accordance with this policy, we are asking teachers and parents to work toward providing healthier snacks and treats. Below you will find a list of suggested snacks that could take the place of “traditional” snacks such as cupcakes, candy, and cookies, snacks which have little nutritional value and high fat and/or sugar content. Please make every effort to choose items from this list when sending refreshments for your child’s class. Items marked with an asterisk (*) may contain nuts. Your child’s teacher is aware of students with nut or other allergies.
In addition, you will find that our cafeteria meals and snacks have been modified to meet guidelines for healthier eating. As always, feel free to contact building principals with your questions or concerns. Thank You.
Child Nutrition Advisory Committee
Healthy Snack Suggestions
- Fresh Fruit
- Mini-bagels or muffins
- Fruit Cups
- Graham Crackers
- Cheese Nips or Goldfish Crackers
- Bread/rolls with butter, peanut butter, or jelly*
- Dried Fruit
- Pretzels or popcorn
- Fresh Vegetables
- Rice Cakes
- Gain and Fruit Bars*
- Animal Crackers
- Trail mix without candy*
- Baked Chips
- Granola Bars*
- Cheese and Crackers
- String Cheese
- Fat-free Pudding
- Cheese Slices
Lauri Broady, School Nutrition Director
518-993-4000 ext. #1003