The Fort Plain Central School District will provide each student with the opportunity to develop intellectually, socially, emotionally and physically in a safe, orderly and positive environment.
Our goal is to prepare every student for success beyond graduation.
Board of Education Goals
The Fort Plain CSD Board of Education has selected four priorities for growth in 2018-19.
Improve student learning outcomes
Specifically, the Board charges the COMPASS teams in our schools to design a goal and action plan that ensures all teachers consider the following questions when planning instruction:
- Improve student learning outcomes
- Build and maintain trusting relationships with students and their families
- Ensure safety in our schools
- Ensure responsible and strategic use of fiscal and human resources to best support the needs of our students
Build and maintain trusting relationships with students and their families
Ensure safety in our schools
The District’s administrative team and business office personnel will design a plan to support a 4th priority.
Responsible and strategic use of fiscal and human resources to best support the needs of our students
The Fort Plain Board of Education believes that intentional improvement efforts in the areas listed will increase student achievement and improve the learning environment in our schools.
Those five levers include:
- Safety and Student Social and Emotional Developmental Health
- Curriculum Development and Support
- Use of Data to Inform Teacher Practices and Improve Student Achievement
- Fiscal Resources
- Family and Community Engagement