- Dignity for All Students Act Reporting Form
- Discrimination and Harassment Reporting Form
- Board of Education, District Policies (Word Document, Printable PDF)
Any student or employee who believes that s/he has been subject to harassment or discrimination shall report such complaint as soon as possible after the alleged incident occurs to allow the District to effectively and promptly investigate and resolve the complaint, as appropriate. The District prohibits harassment and discrimination on the basis of race, sex, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, age and disability. In order to assist with the investigation, complainant, witnesses and/or others with knowledge and information should document the harassment promptly, providing as much information or detail as possible, including (but not limited to):
- Name, address and phone number of complainant.
- Name and/or description of alleged offender(s) (if name is unknown)
- The specific nature of the alleged harassment, including complainant’s explanation of why s/he believes such conduct constitutes harassment.
- A detailed account of any actions and/or dialogue which may have occurred, including information related to frequency of conduct, date(s), time(s), location(s) and the complainant’s actions and responses during the incident(s).
- Names of witnesses or persons who may have knowledge of the incident, including anyone with whom the complainant may have discussed the incident (and if reported, to whom, when and how).
- Any written material, documents, or other evidence related to the incident.
- Identify the remedy being sought, or request for actions to be taken.
An investigation will proceed following the receipt of the complaint. If the complaint is made against the District’s designated compliance officer or investigator, an alternate investigator shall be appointed. To the extent possible, complaints and all related discussions and investigation will be disclosed only on a “need to know” basis in order to effectively investigate the complaint and/or as required by law or court order. A written record of the investigation and action(s) taken will be maintained, subject to confidentiality and privacy laws. All individuals involved in the investigation (including complainant, witnesses and alleged harasser) will be directed to refrain from discussing the investigation. The investigation will proceed promptly. Retaliation for filing, conducting, or participating in the investigation of a harassment complaint is expressly prohibited. Any retaliatory action(s) should be immediately reported, so that appropriate measures may be taken, as necessary, including discipline. At the conclusion of the investigation, a report of findings and recommended actions will be shared with the Superintendent, and other appropriate administrators (as necessary). The complainant (and the alleged harasser) will be advised of the findings reached by the investigator, as well as their appeal rights. Records related to an investigation of harassment will be maintained in confidentiality, and retained consistent with legal retention requirements.