The Fort Plain Central School District will provide each student with the opportunity to develop intellectually, socially, emotionally and physically in a safe, orderly and positive environment.
Our goal is to prepare every student for success beyond graduation.
Board of Education Goals
The Fort Plain CSD Board of Education has selected four priorities for growth in 2017-18.
Improve student learning outcomes
Specifically, the Board charges the COMPASS teams in our schools to design a goal and action plan that ensures all teachers consider the following questions when planning instruction:
- What is it we want students to learn?
- How will we know if each student is learning what we have deemed most essential?
- How will we respond when some of our students do not learn?
- How will we enrich and extend learning for students who are already proficient?
Build and maintain trusting relationships with students and their families
Ensure safety in our schools
The District’s administrative team and business office personnel will design a plan to support a 4th priority:
Responsible and strategic use of fiscal and human resources to best support the needs of our students
The Board encourages the COMPASS teams to incorporate into their action plans strategies aligned to the six leverage areas the Board has supported as drivers of improvement during the past two years.
Those six levers include:
- Safety in schools and on buses
- Support for student social and emotional developmental health
- Curriculum development and instructional improvement
- Responsible stewardship of District resources
- Family and community engagement
- Data-driven decisions